Wednesday, April 4, 2012

peace, love, and scrapbooking

In high school, I had an on-going scrapbook that I made for my best friend.  I would make new pages for it for her birthday, for Christmas, or any other occasion I felt necessary.

Well I started dating my boyfriend officially in October, but we both like to think that we've been together since the end of June/beginning of July.  For Christmas this year, I surprised him with a scrapbook of our relationship up to that point, and for Valentine's day, I made more pages for him and added them to his book.

These are his Christmas pages:


Our journey began when he facebook friend-requested me (how romantic) after seeing me at his indoor soccer games that winter.  I managed to take a picture of the text that I received from facebook on my old phone and put it in the photo slot on the front of the album.


The next page was our first facebook interaction.  He trash-talked Rafa.  No one talks smack on Rafael Nadal and expects me to stand by and do nothing. NOT. OKAY.  But we ended up having a conversation that was nearly 50 comments long before switching to chat.


So at the end of June, we went hiking at the local state park.  It was only about the second or third time we'd spent time together.  Long story short, I took a three-foot nose dive into a creek. I had a goose-egg on my forehead and a bloody shoulder.  It hurt. To the boyfriend: I'm sorry, I should have listened to you.


Alright, next we have the Tim McGraw concert.  I'm in love with Tim McGraw's music.  In love.  Roger bought me some tickets and we went together! So much fun... it was our first concert together and I hope we can see him again!
One of my favorite pages in the book :)


So in July, Roger bought me my first flowers... it was a great night full of driving to his house in a storm, him telling me I couldn't come yet because my present wasn't ready, me waiting in the McDonald's parking lot for 15 minutes, and smiling from ear to ear the rest of the night.  Straight-up cheezin.
This is another one of my FAVORITE pages in the book, and the first one I put together.


Next, a miscellaneous page.  Surprise of chocolate-covered strawberries in the mail, and two sets of surprise roses.  He's the best :)


In October, Roger's varsity soccer team played my brother's soccer team for Dane's senior night.  It was a night game, under the lights, and the only thing that could have made it any better would have been if Dane would have been able to play the position he's made to play.


The next page is one of my favorites... not necessarily because of the layout, but more because of the meaning.  After 6 months of talking, and nearly 4 1/2 months of seeing each other, he finally asked me to be official.  Officially official.  Our anniversary will forever be Brett Dennen's birthday.  I have a new-found love for this artist.  My personal favorite song of his is "Sydney."
Unfortunately, I took this picture before I wrote on the page.  Hopefully I can get some more pictures taken next time I'm home and have the scrapbook.


The next page is one of Roger's favorites... I'm indifferent.  I save EVERYTHING so I  needed a page to put these little mementos on.  I picked the color because I didn't really have anything in this color family thusfar in the scrapbook.


The next page is another one of my favorites... both in content, experience, and layout.  I love the way the dark pops on the yellow, and I love the fact that this was my first Sabres game EVER.  It was a last-minute plan and I drove home from school in the middle of the week so that we could drive all the way to Buffalo for a game.  SO GREAT.


This page is a bunch of pictures that we took one night that we were at my house on my mom's iPad.  It was a fun night, just hanging out and joking around with my family.


This is the last of the Christmas pages... leopard print, Roger, and I go way back... so I decided it was a good choice.  If you look closely, you can see the LOVE animal print stickers in the bottom right-hand corner.





Hopefully when I go home for Easter this weekend,  I can get some pictures of the new pages I made for Valentine's Day.  Hopefully I can put some more pages together for him soon. I'm convinced I should scrapbook/craft for a living.  Not necessarily because I'm good at it, but more because I love it.

Peace and blessings,
Taurie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment