Thursday, October 11, 2012

oh baby! ;)

I just realized that I never shared a huge project that started basically in June and didn't end until September 29.  My boyfriend's sister is having her first baby within the month (!!!) and she asked me to make her baby shower invitations (!!!!!).

The majority of the summer was spent with me just coming up with different ideas and turning them into samples so that she could pick which one she wanted.  The only guidelines she gave me were that she wanted them pink and brown... like the nursery.

So after a million and a half samples that I hated and didn't even want to show her, we ended up collaboratively deciding on my little mason jar invites.


When I started, I used mulberry paper over top of pretty pink backgrounds.  When I went to buy more mulberry paper, it was $2 a sheet at JoAnn's and they didn't even sell it at Michael's!  I found what I thought I wanted online, and when it arrived, it wasn't what I wanted at all :(

After a minor breakdown, my boyfriend convinced me that transparent cardstock would be perfectly fine... and it was!  It wasn't as soft and pretty, but I saved one of the "good" ones for Natasha for the baby book.

To make these, I printed out two mason jars per page of cardstock and cut them out.  I then glued them with craft glue to the scrapbook paper, but only gluing the outsides so that there weren't funny lines all over.  Then, I drew the black line and glued the flags on and then drew the little clothespins.

They were relatively easy, but when you need 60 of them, they were pretty time consuming.  Roger's mom was happy, the guests were happy and impressed, and most importantly, Natasha was happy.  I'm really looking forward to getting to do something like this again!

No comments:

Post a Comment