Thursday, December 27, 2012

cricut. chirp chirp.



I have the best boyfriend ever.  Not a joke.  How many 24-year-old men do you know that would follow a girl around Michael's without a complaint??  I only know one.  And he's mine.

For Christmas, my big present from him was a Cricut mini.  I really don't know much about them, but they seem to have endless capabilities.  I can't wait to learn more about it and be able to use it properly.

But for now, I'm just jazzed about the alphabets.  Do you have any idea how much easier this will make my scrapbooking?!

So since I was home tonight with my family, I had to figure out how to use the Cricut without the boyfriend's help.  I had directions and pieces and parts everywhere, but I think I got it working right!

(my cats tried to attack it every time it made a noise)



It. was. awesome.  I was fascinated.  It cut everything perfectly and I got to use my new glitter ribbon and washi tape that I got for Christmas.

For my college graduation a few weekends ago, I got a few really awesome gifts from grandparents/aunts and I knew I wanted to craft them thank-you cards, but now that I have my Cricut, I felt like it could be my first project :)

I also got to use my new animal print paper that Roger got me a few weeks ago "just because" for this project too!

I still need to figure out how to use the cartridges that we purchased and how to redeem my $25 gift card and stuff... so hopefully Roger can get over here tomorrow or someone else can help me...? :)

So I hope I can get these cards in the mail soon... I'm pretty proud of how they turned out.  I still need to write in them but overall, I feel accomplished for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment