Wednesday, March 13, 2013

March Date :)


I'm back with the next installment of "8 Months of Dates."  Last month, Roger and I went midnight bowling as our February Frolic.  It was nice to set aside some time to spend together, because he's been reallllly busy with indoor soccer leagues and tournaments.

This month, our date also needed to be financed, so I put in the money that would cover admission charges and raided my old clue card game (not to be confused with the Clue Board Game), and got some little pieces to give him so ideas about where we were heading.

First, before I share, I'd like to point out that this is probably the date that I looked forward to most out of all of the envelopes, mostly because it was something that I'd never done before in my life.  Ever.  Not that it's super adventurous or anything, but events like this that kind of ooze creativity really make me all warm inside.

Anyway, here's what he was greeted with when he opened the envelope:


We went to the Buffalo Museum of Science's second-ever Get a Clue event!  Basically, the museum was set up like a giant clue board and you had to walk around and talk to witnesses and guess who did it, where it happened, and with what weapon.


Along with the Clue Card Game pieces, I also printed off the event's page on the website to let it do the explaining.  I also, like last month, put in a little note giving my explanation and my reasons for choosing the event, etc.


Last Friday, we finally got to go.  I'd been so excited about it for over a month and I was ready to go see what it was all about!


Unfortunately, I was really sick that night (coughing, sneezing, so stuffed up that I couldn't breathe), so in my excitement/sickly stupor, I totally blanked and didn't get any pictures of us at the event... so any of these pictures were taken off of the Buffalo Museum of Science's Facebook page.


That's one of the witnesses.  You could ask him questions and he had clues that he could show you to "disprove" your guess... you know, just like the real game!  He's standing inside one of the rooms that you could go in and look around.

And this is Seymour, the Mastadon, guarding the cards that hold the correct suspect, location, and weapon.



We all got to choose team names, so we chose:


Olive.  But that story is for a different day.

This date was so much fun and it really was much-needed, as it was in the middle of some crazy weeks of indoor soccer and school.  I can't wait to experience and share the rest of our dates! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment